Do it F***ing Now.
Don't wait. Don’t procrastinate. The winners in this world are not the ones who find the greatest excuses to put off doing what they know will make them more money. The winners are the ones that prioritize and seize the day.
Create a list of action items to make sure your important tasks get accomplished. Every project you're working on should be in action. If you're not moving, you're standing still. Your next step towards making money must not be "something I’ll take care of maybe sometime next week." If it's going to help make you money: Do it F***ing Now.
Some of you may think that you don’t need the "f***ing" in "do it f***ing now". You do. You need that impact, that force, that call to action, that kick in the ass to get you moving. Otherwise, you'll end up another loser that had a great idea a long time ago but never did anything about it. Dreamers don't make money. Doers make money. And doers "Do it F***ing Now."
Now, I'm not so concerned with making money. However, I am concerned with enriching my life in a number of areas, including more reading, learning to play music, learning another language, and understanding new technology.
My list of things I need to do:
- Continue learning Hebrew until I can speak it fluently.
- Keep practicing the guitar until I'm comfortable playing most any song without slowing down or messing up.
- Start learning the piano.
- Learn XNA to the point I can implement a simple 3d game engine.
- Learn WPF and use it to build my own personal apps, replacing WinForms completely.
- Learn the Ruby programming language and use it for building personal web apps.
- Tie up loose ends with my old part-time job.
- Finish the programming project I'm working on in my full-time job.
- Read the Word every day.
The latter is the most important; without it, I would've certainly ruined my life with selfish desires and self-important humanistic reasoning, firing off a chain of events which would likely cancel out even this blog post.
So, if I can complete the above list, I would be multilingual, I would increase my skill set as a skilled worker, I would grow spiritually, I could play beautiful music, I could say I've headed and shipped commercial software.
I'm going to put some of these things in motion, today. And I'm going to do it right friggin' now.